arduino eye scanner

Hi,
I did a project on a fingerprint lock when a servo turns when a certain fingerprint is read.
I would like to make it an eye iris scanner, you know, to make it look cooler. I found a relative cheap one but it is connected to the pc as a user lock. I would like to change it so that when entered a correct iris, the servo to turn. I didn’t do the coding of the fingerprint and i would be very pleased if you could edit the code so that it works with the iris scanner. I’m using myris from eyelock.
Would be very thankful for any help.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It's impossible to edit invisible code. And do you have code or documentation of the communication protocols for the iris scanner?

but it is connected to the pc as a user lock.

It is, therefore, most likely a USB slave. The Arduino, by itself, can not deal with another USB slave, since it is one itself.

You'd need a USB Host shield AND you'd need to write a USB driver for the scanner. I suspect that that is way beyond your capabilities.

Hi again,
here is the code.
Anybody does know how to edit the and code drivers easily i’ll be greatful.
cheers

sketch_finger_lock-master.zip (37.4 KB)

Anybody does know how to edit the and code drivers easily i’ll be greatful.

Just fire up the IDE and start typing. Nothing is going to be easier than that.

Since you can’t be bothered to post a link to the hardware you are planning to use, why should we be bothered to provide more than smart-ass answers?

mixch:
Hi again,
here is the code.
Anybody does know how to edit the and code drivers easily i'll be greatful.
cheers

This section of the forum is for people who are trying to learn to code and need help with the code they have written. If you want someone to write code for you, there is a "Gigs and Collaborations" section where you can offer to pay someone to do that for you. Nobody here will do your project for you for free if that's what you were hoping. We will insist on you doing the bulk of the work, including the code. This is not a trivial task where one of us can just change a couple lines of code and make it work.