Arduino fires up simpleos crypto wallet accidentally.

Arduino fires up simpleos crypto wallet accidentally.

To reproduce
Goto Tools Help , then Environment.

The EOS wallet fires up, as if I had typed /usr/bin/simpleos, or just simpleos

I cannot imagine why this would be so. But I suspect the problem is lact of an effective path when calling external executables.

Background: This was a recent nightly build, in the last week or so.
Unfortunatly, there seems to be no easy way of determining which version is being run for sure, but I believe it is arduino-PR-beta1.9-BUILD-36

Help - About Arduino brings up a window without a version number on it, except it says Beta. It would be really helpful if the build id was in this window.

Running under Ubuntu 18.04.

What a joy this IDE has been over the last 2 years of use!

sparkmarkyme:
Goto Tools , then Environment.

Did you mean to write "Help" instead of "Tools"?

sparkmarkyme:
Unfortunatly, there seems to be no easy way of determining which version is being run for sure, but I believe it is arduino-PR-beta1.9-BUILD-36

Help - About Arduino brings up a window without a version number on it, except it says Beta. It would be really helpful if the build id was in this window.

I agree, but I suspect this is not something the developers would want to spend any time on. The beta build of the IDE was intended to be a temporary thing, which somehow ended up hanging around for years. We already have a nightly build, so it's pretty annoying to have a beta as well. The nightly does have a pretty nice system of showing the build timestamp on the window title, but for some reason the beta doesn't have anything of the sort.