Arduino/Flash - connects to port doesn't pass data

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Arduino, so this must be a basic question - trying to send sample data from the board to flash. Doesn't work though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My set up: -Mac OS X 10.4.8 -Arduino 05

-Followed tutorial from Dan O'Sullivan (http://itp.nyu.edu/~dbo3/SerialServer/SerialServer.html)

• Have SerialServer ss6.jar running - continuously prints "Hellow Flash" message when "debug" is checked
  • Publish .swf - get "connected true" but no incoming data!!!

-Arduino code::::::: void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); }

void loop() { Serial.println("Hello Flash, this is Arduino"); delay(400); }

-Flash Code::::::::: createSocket(); function createSocket() { serialServer = new XMLSocket(); trace("new xmsocket");

serialServer.connect("127.0.0.1", 9001);

serialServer.onConnect = function(success) { trace("connected " + success); };

// when you close the serial port serialServer.onClose = function() { trace("closed"); };

//receive some data from the arduino serialServer.onData = function(data) { trace("something's coming"); trace("incoming = " + data); }; }

stop();

------------------Thanks again!

Did you start the serialserver with the extra "Sub0ForChar:13" parameter?

Oh!!! Good call.... trying to run the parameter through terminal window, gut get "can not access ss.jar" message.

Is there any way to enter that parameter vie app interface?

Thank you so much

P.S. Got the messages to be passed to flash at 57600, but of course data is not parsing correctly. Gibberish....

And if you put 'ss6.jar' in your Applications folder, you can start it with this line: java -jar /Applications/ss6.jar SerialPort:/dev/tty.usbserial Baud:9600 SocketPort:9001 Sub0ForChar:13

Does that solve the problem?

YEY!!! Pressure sensor working with flash pretty great.

Here’s the tip - if you are tracing the values vie Serial Server debug option, there is a significant delay (about 4+ seconds) in preview. That delay doesn’t seem to effect the rate of values being passed to Flash at all.

This phenomena is definitely inconvenient for debugging, but doesn’t mean the code doesn’t work!
Off to reading multiple sensor i go…

Thanks!