Arduino for control camera shutter raspberry pi

Hello

I have a project that let the arduino to control camera shutter raspberry pi. I have tried make arduino as a slave and raspberry pi as a master. Now, I want to know, if I want to make arduino give something like a "signal" to shuttering raspberry pi camera, where should I give the code? in arduino code? or python code in raspberry pi?

I'm sorry about my grammar because I'm still learning right now.

So you want the Arduino to control the Pi? You will need code on both ends to interact. The Firmata project might help (google it).

For camera shutter no need for fancy stuff, just have arduino toggle a digital pin and pi react on its own pin status change

blimpyway: For camera shutter no need for fancy stuff, just have arduino toggle a digital pin and pi react on its own pin status change

oh that's a good start up, I will try it, thank you!

Isaac96: So you want the Arduino to control the Pi? You will need code on both ends to interact. The Firmata project might help (google it).

Maybe it's something like I want to "control camera shutter Pi with arduino"

+1 blimway's approach.

Later if you need more control on shutter speed or to pass some parameters, Arduino can send a serial message and RPi can process the serial message, I assume RPi can deal with the serial message from Arduino fine.

Note: By default RPi serial pins are configured to deal with console i/o.

Be careful with voltages afaik raspberry's input pin voltage should not exceed 3.3V while most arduinos will output 5V. So you should use a voltage divider. But I might be wrong, check Pi's documentation

you are correct @blimpyway, RPi deals with 3.3v. I totally forgot the RPi pin voltage, forgot my RPi days :)