Arduino for iPhone

Hi all, Direct Arduino support for android is available using ADK .This everybody knows.I want to know about The same thing is available for iPhone or not? if available what is the IDE to be used for arduino programming and what are all the things to be considered to interface arduino with iphone or ipad.

For android development we are using normal micro USB cable or PC USB cable to connect with arduino .For iPhone normally people are using 30-pin dock connector. Suppose if i want to connect iPhone with my arduino board what is the standard of cable to be used.

Please reply this. I am really wondering to know about this.

Thanks, Mahes

Suppose if i want to connect iPhone with my arduino board what is the standard of cable to be used.

unless you see another connector with USB built in

I dunno about the iPhone's capability, its cost model, its app approval ... its really a pain in the arse to even bother for most of us

Thanks for your reply is it possible to develop the application for iphone with arduino board?

Please elabrate your explanation............

Thanks, Mahes

Do you have access to write a native iPhone app, i.e. a Mac with XCode and the IOS SDK? If you do, then get a redpark cable (http://redpark.com/c2ttl.html) to expose the iPhone serial port. If you don't need to distribute your app on the App Store, then you don't need to pay the fee.

If not, then the best option is use a browser based solution.

Thanks for your valuable reply..........

what is the type of arduino board(arduino UNo,ArduinoBT,etc....) can be connected to iphone or ipad?

Do we need seperate IDE like arduino_ADK for android... to develope arduino programs to communicate with iPhone or ipad? (or)

Xcode itself we have support to write the program for arduino board?

Thanks, Mahes.

If you are using serial communications, then any Arduino will do.

Even with the Android ADK, the Arduino code is usually written in the Arduino IDE. Eclipse is used to write the Android code. For iDevices, XCode is used to write the IOS app, and the Arduino IDE is used to write the Arduino code, just the same.

There are ways to use both Eclipse and XCode to write Arduino code, but they bring additional complexity to the process.

Thanks Edison!....

As per your suggestion whatever we are doing with android ADK same things are possible in iphone also?

The same arduino board i am using for android, can i use for iphone also?

Thanks, Mahes.

As per your suggestion whatever we are doing with android ADK same things are possible in iphone also?

Possibly, it depends what you are doing. The bluetooth stack, for example, is much more open on Android.

The same arduino board i am using for android, can i use for iphone also?

Probably.

I know it's pretty ancient topic, but better late than never. You can try ArduinoCoide - free(mium) IDE that runs on iOS. You will be able to edit with code complete, compile, upload (over USB or BLE) and run serial monitor. Check it out at http://www.arduinocode.info/p/introduction.html