Arduino Genuido Uno

I am using the TETRIX PRIZM robot (the one with three wheels). I am trying to pull up the Genuino Uno Board but it is nowhere to be found. Where can I find this so that my students can do the activities?

Do you mean that you are trying to connect to the Uno from the IDE ? If that is not the problem then please provide more details

Which Operating System are you using ?
Does a new COM port get created when you plug the board in ?

Do you mean that you are trying to connect to the Uno from the IDE ? Yes

As for Operating System I am using Chromebook. However I do have access to some computers with Windows. I am running into problems with both. I am really struggling with this and any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

I have no experience of the Chromebook

What problems do you have when using Windows ?
Does Device Manager show a new COM port when you plug in the Arduino ?

Arduino/Genuido Uno does not appear when I look up the Board.

When I plug in the robot the only thing that shows up is COM 1 and COM3

It has been renamed to "Arduino Uno". The "Genuino" brand name has been abandoned by Arduino. It was created as a worst case scenario fallback during a time of legal dispute over ownership of the "Arduino" trademark. That legal situation has since been resolved and Arduino is conclusively in ownership of the trademark, so there is no more need for "Genuino".

Try this:

1. Unplug your robot from the computer.
  2. Select Tools > Port from the Arduino IDE's menus.
  3. Note the ports, if any, listed in the menu.
  4. Close the Tools menu.
    The ports list is only updated when the Tools menu is re-opened, so this step is essential.
  5. Plug your robot into the computer.
  6. Select Tools > Port from the Arduino IDE's menus. - The new port listed in the menu is the port of the robot.

Nothing different happened. The same two ports showed up. I am so confused by this because I don't know what I am doing wrong.

OK, so now you know that neither of those ports are the port of your robot. Even though it's not a solution, it is useful information.

In Windows device manager, does anything change when you connect the board? It will not be under the ports section, not quite sure what the section is called.

The TETRIX PRIZM uses a FTDI chip (according to its documentation that I found yesterday on the web) and hence is not a genuine Arduino. You might have to install the drivers (from memory, they should have been installed) or to update the drivers (download from the FTDI website, I do not have a link at the moment).

Is there a way to call these people over the phone and go through the entire upload process step by step? I am so confused with this.

You can give it a try:

Looks like they have a chat. At the left bottom of https://www.pitsco.com/TETRIX-PRIZM-Robotics-Controller

It's probably the closest to a call that you will get.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.