Arduino + GPS based system for tracking children movement

Hi everyone..

I am a in the fourth year. my team members and I want your help in setting the hardware requirements. So we are thinking in building a tracker for children this tracker can

1. send notification to parents phone every 30 seconds using SIM card by WiFi. If there is no internet connection it can send a SMS message.

2. define a safe zone in each trip. and this zone can be changed easily by Android application.And if the Kid gets injured or harm even he/she in the safe zone a notification will be sent automatically to parent's phone

3. This Arduino should be light wight and wearable for children. there should be a sensor if the Ardunio is lost or broken or take off.

we did not experience any Ardunio . that is why we have this much of problems .
if you could help us in setting the requirements for this project??

I'd step back from the technology a bit and write out your requirement as plain english;

1. Be able to track children on demand
  2. Tracking to be available over an area of xxM/KM etc
  3. Have a unit cost of $xx.
  4. Operate for xx hours between charges

You'll find that way will shape the solution a bit more easily.

Some obvious questions;

a. how is the unit going to 'automatically' know if a kid is hurt? (maybe you mean a button?)
b. how is the unit going to know if its lost/taken off? (maybe theres a circuit through an attachment, eg a wrist band).

Provided the area isnt too big, maybe you could try a simple prototype using esp8266/wifi. write an app so that if the signal strength from the kids unit gets too small, you make an alert on the main unit. You could prototype this for about $20.

You can certainly do the GPS/GSM thing (SIM808/FOTA808 units) if you need it over a bigger area, but to be honest there are already commercial trackers that include geofencing etc.

A tracking sensor in itself has little knowledge upon the thing it is attached to is:

• either a children, a dog or a dead/inanimate object.
  • what "hurt" actually means e.g. the dog has hurting feelings of that juicy hot dog being taken by the cat.

NorahAli:
for example the the safe zone have stairs and the kid fall down and fainted

How would the arduino know?
Also, a SIM Card cannot connect to a WiFi-network.

lg, couka

A "faint detector" would be very useful in certain health monitoring situations, but I doubt there are any. Unless you-re using EEG head electrodes and heart/breath rate monitoring, which seems quite intrusive just to watch a ... kid playing?

I recall someone attempted to commercialize a fall detector for elders by using gyro/accelerometer sensor.

Google "child tracking device" for lots of commercial options.

Here is a review of 10 of them: Best Kids GPS Trackers and Devices of 2021 | SafeWise