What about Arduino with the GSM GPRS GPS Shield with details as below?
With the GSM/GPRS/GPS-Shield the Arduino board is enabled to use GSM/GPRS and GPS functionality , for example
- to identify the current position via GPS and send it via SMS
- send an alert
- to track a travel route and send it via GPRS
The communication between the two boards is achieved via the serial interface (GSM / GPRS) and SPI (GPS). Any standard GSM antenna types with SMA connectors can be used. Demo programs, drivers and libraries for operating the GSM / GPRS / GPS-Shield are of course included.
Features of Arduino GPS GSM GPRS Shield
- operating voltage 5VDC ? 9VDC - requires the Arduino board “Duemilanove” or Uno”(ATmega328)
- integrated GPRS GSM module: Telit GE864-QUAD
- GSM-, GPRS-, CSD enabled - used with pre-paid or contract SIM cards of all providers, no SIM lock
control via serial interface (TTL level), antenna connector: SMA
- GPS module with integrated antenna - internal supply voltage: 3,3V - control via SPI
It is made by a friend of mine. They included all my wishes, recommendations and hints. A webshop with Arduinos and GSM GPS shields is in process.