Arduino GSM Shield web server hangs

I use official Arduino GSM Shield with Uno R3.

I uploaded web server examples from official GSM library. I use a simple python script to make TCP/IP connections to my GSM Shield web server. I send simple requests from my computer to shield, and it responses back.

At first, this worked like a charm. I even connected a led to arduino uno, and started turn it on and off. But after some time, I get timeout errors from my script.

I turned on debug mode of gsm shield. At first, it displayed normal stuff. When connection gone between my computer and shield, it doesn't showed anything on serial window.

I thought there is something wrong with shield, but when I send a request from my computer; light of the shield indicates that there is a transmission incoming; but nothing shows on serial window. I think after some time, connection between arduino and gsm shield gets broken.

What could be done to make this web server more stable? I don't want it stop working after half an hour.

@Ekrem as I had exactly the same problem and tried a bunch of "easy" solutions and none solved the problem I decided to develop a "hard" fix that you will be able to find in the link below. I put together a circuit that cuts power to both the Arduino and the GSM shield every two minutes...no more hangs now, even if there is no transmission in one of the cycles I'm ensuring the setup will not hangs and will transmit again in the next cycles.

Hope it help

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=274639.0

simon_schvartzman: @Ekrem as I had exactly the same problem and tried a bunch of "easy" solutions and none solved the problem I decided to develop a "hard" fix that you will be able to find in the link below. I put together a circuit that cuts power to both the Arduino and the GSM shield every two minutes...no more hangs now, even if there is no transmission in one of the cycles I'm ensuring the setup will not hangs and will transmit again in the next cycles.

Hope it help

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=274639.0

If I reset my device in every two minutes I would lose operability. What I mean is device needs 30 secs to be able to operate (connect to network etc.). If I reset it in every two minutes, that means I can't reach to my device 25% percent of the time since it is not available.