Arduino.h : No such file or directory

I downloaded uspeech library file .. placed it under the libraries folder in arduino but when i tried to compile the code i got this error

/Users/ANI/Documents/Arduino/libraries/uspeech/uspeech.h:12:21: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory

please help

Which version of the IDE are you using?

Searching these forums for "Arduino.h" will find lots of threads on this issue I think.

Arduino 0022

Arduino 0022

You can't use a post 1.0 library with pre 1.0 versions. Time to upgrade. Or downgrade the library.

PaulS:

Arduino 0022

You can't use a post 1.0 library with pre 1.0 versions. Time to upgrade. Or downgrade the library.

thnx..!! upgraded n worked.. i dont know y i dint .. :P

MarkT: Searching these forums for "Arduino.h" will find lots of threads on this issue I think.

The standard anti-n00b response is particularly frustrating in this case because searching for "arduino.h" on this forum and getting any helpful result is impossible.

This page is one of the top [search] results for "Arduino.h: No such file or directory" right now.

PaulS:

Arduino 0022

It depends on if the library writer took the time to make it work on both 1.x and pre 1.x. Usually it is quite trivial, but there are many lazy programmers out there and many others that have a "don't look back" mindset and don't consider backward compatibility. Kind of like the ones that decided to knowingly and purposely break everything in 1.x ;)

--- bill