Arduino.h No Such File Or Directory

I cannot verify or upload any program on my notebook because every time I try to, it says

sketch\RF_receive_modded.ino.ino.cpp:1:21: fatal error: Arduino.h No such file or directory

#include <Arduino.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno

All I did was download Arduino v 1.6.9 off of the official website, so I don’t know what is going on. I have windows 10 on it, and that doesn’t seem like it’d be a problem. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I tried 1.6.10 but none of that helped. Let me know if you need any other info

¯_(--)

I saw this same problem a month ago. It too was with IDE V1.6.9 on Windows 10.

I can't remember the exact fix, and it's too late at night here for me to read through the whole thread again, but it's here:-
"fatal error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory" Error

OldSteve:
I saw this same problem a month ago. It too was with IDE V1.6.9 on Windows 10.

I can't remember the exact fix, and it's too late at night here for me to read through the whole thread again, but it's here:-
"fatal error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory" Error

Yes, I found the answer on there. I deleted the Arduino15 folder in appdata/local after uninstalling, then reinstalled after and it worked. I will share the knowledge on the other thread which seems kind of inconclusive as to why it happened.

nunofyourbusiness:
Yes, I found the answer on there. I deleted the Arduino15 folder in appdata/local after uninstalling, then reinstalled after and it worked. I will share the knowledge on the other thread which seems kind of inconclusive as to why it happened.

Yeah. I thought that deleting the 'Arduino15' folder would possibly be the fix in the other thread, and suggested it, but he couldn't find it and eventually reverted to IDE V1.6.5. (I just re-read that thread. :slight_smile: )

Arduino15 can be hard to track down:

On Mac OS X:
/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15
(Note: The ‘Library’ folder is greyed out in Finder. The contents are not included in a Spotlight or Finder search. The folder can’t be opened with a double-click. To browse the contents of ‘Library’, ctrl-click on it and select “Open in New Tab” from the pop-up menu.)

On Windows delete or rename both:
Arduino IDE 1.6.5r5 and previous: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15
Arduino IDE 1.6.6 and later: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15

On Linux:
/home/(username)/.arduino15 (a.k.a. ~/.arduino15)
(Note: file/folder names starting with ‘.’ are not normally shown in directory listings. Use ‘ls -a’ to get a directory listing that includes the hidden files.)