Arduino.h replacing other libray headers.

I have a number of programs that use the older library modules that still use wprogram.h and wiring.h. I understand the reasoning behind upgrading and "simplifying?". Change always brings questions and controversy. I want to continue to run some programs with Arduino 0022 as I move toward Anduino 1.0 while I make the necessary changes. A few of them would have to run in both versions for a time. If I make new versions of the library, such as Virtual Wire.h with it including Arduino.h instead of wiring.h. How can I have my program recognize which IDE version I am using and make the #include conditional.

You may have already addressed this, but I couldn't find it with searches. Probably looking for the wrong key words.

Found it in MarkT's response in the "I2C Keypad Library".

if defined(ARDUINO) && ARDUINO >= 100

include "Arduino,h"

else

include "WProgram.h"

endif

The Libraries also have includes. Can the same coding be used in the .h and .cpp files?

Can the same coding be used in the .h and .cpp files?

Yes.

You may have already addressed this, but I couldn't find it with searches. Probably looking for the wrong key words.

Does anybody read the release notes?

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ReleaseNotes

Yes, I read Release Notes! I have a copy in front of me. My appologies for taking up your time. Page 3 was stuck to the back of page 2.

Hi, i have been reading the relase notes but i just donĀ“t get it. I tried to rename wprogram.h to arduino.h and copied all files from the (marlin/sanguino/cores/arduino) path and paste inside (arduino/contents/resources/java/libraries/liquidcrystal). now i get much more less errors during compiling. but still i keep getting this:

error compiling

In file included from /Users/macbook/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.cpp:1: /Users/macbook/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.h:82: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual size_t LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)' /Users/macbook/Desktop/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/LiquidCrystal/Print.h:40: error: overriding 'virtual void Print::write(uint8_t)'

any ideas?

I tried to rename wprogram.h to arduino.h and copied all files from the (marlin/sanguino/cores/arduino) path and paste inside (arduino/contents/resources/java/libraries/liquidcrystal). now i get much more less errors during compiling.

Why? All you needed to do was change the name being included in the header file from WProgram.h to include Arduino.h, instead.

Instead, you have hosed up your installation of Arduino 1.0.

The error message that you are still seeing has been posted many times. The solution is to change the return type of the write() function in the LiquidCrystal library from void to size_t, and make the function return a value.