arduino hc-06 android/windows failure to pair

i have the hc-06 on my arduino with a simple code to turn on and of an led. when i try to pair it with my computer (windows 10) , it asks for pin (1234 by default as far as i know). when i press connectit says "that pin didn't work , try connecting again) on android it says "unable to pair , make sure it is ready to pair"

chrifdexter: i have the hc-06 on my arduino with a simple code to turn on and of an led. when i try to pair it with my computer (windows 10) , it asks for pin (1234 by default as far as i know). when i press connectit says "that pin didn't work , try connecting again) on android it says "unable to pair , make sure it is ready to pair"

Were you powering the HC-06 when trying to pair? Did you double check that the pin was 1234 via AT commands?

0000 is just as common for password. There is no need to mess about with AT commands at this stage. Indeed, that may have been your problem, and there is no AT command for checking the PIN anyway. Ensure the LED is flashing fast, about 2Hz.

Nick_Pyner: there is no AT command for checking the PIN anyway.

Yes, but you can use AT commands to reset the password to "1234" (or whatever else you want) to make sure the password isn't the problem.