Arduino Header and CPP file problem

Hey guys,

So Its hard to keep track cuz I have 4 different IDE's(Adafruit,DigiSpark,old,new) but there all messed up. This make things impossible really, If any coding has anything included .h, cpp or .c, IDE says an error file ____.h , _______.cpp ect.. not found. If I put them in the folder with the .ino, then it works fine. But you can see how this is hard cuz in a header file there usually 3-4 other files included so the error never endeds till I damn near have ever includable file with the .ino file.

Anyone know how to fix this? Also the files that make Adafruit and digispaks different, could I move those to the new IDE I like it alot better and would LOVE to have just one IDE. If it is doable could someone please walk me through it.

Thanks

You need to install your libraries to the libraries subfolder of your sketchbook folder. You can find your sketchbook folder at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.

So if you have a library FooLib. It should look like this:
{Sketchbook folder}
|_libraries
|_FooLib
|_FooLib.h

or
{Sketchbook folder}
|_libraries
|_FooLib
|_library.properties
|_src
|_FooLib.h

You can't do this:
{Sketchbook folder}
|_libraries
|_MyLibraries
|_FooLib
|_FooLib.h

The library folder has to be directly under the libraries folder

This process is automated if you use Sketch > Include library > Manage Libraries... or Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library so I recommend using that technique whenever possible.

nissan20det:
Also the files that make Adafruit and digispaks different, could I move those to the new IDE I like it alot better and would LOVE to have just one IDE. If it is doable could someone please walk me through it.

You're going to have to provide more information. I've never heard of an Adafruit IDE or a DigiSpark IDE. It should definitely be possible to just use a single IDE version that supports all your boards.

Okay well that what I dont want lol. I dont want evey included file to have to be in the ino location. Like Wire.h and Spi.h never had to be. Now its asking for every damn one. Like I thought theres one place I can have all include able files so when I say include it works.. I never had to put those files in the ino spot before?

Preferences say--> C:/Users/Me/Documents/Arduino

I have all Ino's there, I thought all header files go here.

C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Arduino/Libraries

But all IDE included header files where never in MY docs location

Why now?

Leave all the libraries included with the IDE where they are. They'll work fine. I'm talking about where you need to install 3rd party and custom libraries.