Arduino header pins broke

I recently bought 5 Arduino nano Chinese clones from Amazon and noticed that there were a few broken headers in some of them(not the metallic part, the plastic that holds them together). Also some of them had missing headers for the back part of the Arduino nano(the side opposite from the USB port). So my question is, should I ask for a refund or are the headers fine as long as I just solder them on properly? Also what are the 6 pins (opposite from the USB port)used for when working with Arduino?

The link to the image is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7RECM1HBpbWNnFOTEMwX3FtOGs/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, the 2nd row of headers has a little piece broken off from it that is just sitting on top of it.

They are designed to break off like that. Just solder them on in line. The 6 pin header is for the SPI port. There is nothing wrong or missing from that package

stuartfong:
As you can see, the 2nd row of headers has a little piece broken off from it that is just sitting on top of it.

Whoever was responsible for the headers did not do as good of a job breaking them at the divisions as he should have. I have done a poor job like that myself. :slight_smile:

It should not effect your board. Just take care with the soldering, and you will be fine.

Plug the headers into some female header when soldering them if you're concerned about the alignment.

The 2x3 header is the ICSP header - it contains the SPI pins (which are also on the normal headers), power, ground, and reset. You can use it as another way to access the SPI pins, or for programming the board with an ISP programmer.