Arduino Headers Question.

Hi all,
I could be missing the point here so if I am please point it out. I am at the moment designing a board for the Mega that is a stand alone board to facilitate a VFO using the cheap AD9850 modules from China. I read a lot about clearance issues between the Mega and a board that is stacked on top via headers. I have seen what people describe on e bay as Tall headers but they seem to just be longer in the pin and not longer or should I say taller in the body of the header.

Am I correct? Or is there headers available that are indeed taller in the plastic body of the header?

Any info greatly appreciated and most welcome. Ian K3HQL

The main issue is the USB jack - add some insulating tape to the top of it if the shield overlaps.

Check the clearance between ICSP pins and the shield too - again just add some insulation if worried.

I tend to use Seeeduino Mega these days, it has a USB mini jack so no risk of shorting from
that and it brings out more of the microcontroller's pins - worth checking out perhaps?

I bought the AD9850 ssb receiver ,the thing is there are no instructions that show how to hook up
the AD9850 gen ssb receiver and support boards, can you help?

MarkT:
The main issue is the USB jack - add some insulating tape to the top of it if the shield overlaps.

Or maybe even cut the board out.

Seeedstudio's Mega version uses mini USB (or perhaps micro USB) connector, and is cheaper, smaller,
has more pins. Finesses the clearance issue!