Arduino heating up and battery draining very fast

I have a Arduino Uno board and the two metal cylinders near the power jack are becoming extremely hot very quickly when I attach a 9V battery for power the nine volt battery is also completely depleted after about 2 minutes. Connected to the Arduino I have 3 mechanical relays (to 3 different pins), each requiring 80 mA to switch, I believe that 80 mA to be the culprit but I'm not 100% sure. Also connected to the Arduino are a MPU-6050 and a MCP-4725. The MCP-4725 is connected to a brushless motor controller, which is connected to a 36V power supply.

If anyone can help with the overheating problem that would be great,
Carter

You'd need us the schematic.

But you are way overloading the Arduino Uno. :o

CarterGassler:
Connected to the Arduino I have 3 mechanical relays (to 3 different pins), each requiring 80 mA to switch,

The actual maximum current output for an arduino uno is 20mA(see the tech specs) for output,Use instead a transistor as switch to activate the relay, so you dont break the arduino.

Those rectangular 9v batteries also aren't very good for this kind of current. Need bigger batteries, but lower output voltage (to keep reg from overheating)...

In addition to using transistors to switch the load