Arduino help with components!

Hello! I'm completely new to arduino and currently working in a project where we will use arduino and I'm generally asking if the components I've chosen will work together or if i need to get multiple arduinos.

So the basic idea is that a user will put an NFC tagged item onto the nfc plate, and as that happens i want the RGB led to start a specific pattern and also I want the mp3 shield to start a playlist. Is this possible with one arduino or do i need to get multiple? Linking the desired componends below!

Thankful for any constructive comments!

MP3 Shield RGB star led controller RFID/NFC reader Arduino UNO R3

Is this possible with one arduino

Yes

UKHeliBob: Yes

Alright great! And I dont need a breakboard right? I can just plug it all into the arduino?

And I dont need a breakboard right? I can just plug it all into the arduino?

The Uno is very limited when it comes to 5V and GND connections so it would be better to use a breadboard to make some of the connections. Don't forget that you will also need an external power supply because the voltage regulator on the Arduino will not be able to supply enough current to drive the LEDs.

UKHeliBob: The Uno is very limited when it comes to 5V and GND connections so it would be better to use a breadboard to make some of the connections. Don't forget that you will also need an external power supply because the voltage regulator on the Arduino will not be able to supply enough current to drive the LEDs.

Ah alright, So if I understand correctly I can feed the LED controller up to 12v external power and then via the arduno controll the power output/brightness to the actual LED?

Ah alright, So if I understand correctly I can feed the LED controller up to 12v external power and then via the arduno controll the power output/brightness to the actual LED?

So it seems from the page you linked to.