Arduino Help!

I have a project using arduino. I want the data to be send to cloud via wifi (using esp8266 module) and at a certain instance, latch a relay to start a motor. Is this possible? I am using the hc sr04 sensor to sensor water level and send the data to xbee connected to arduino, and the data from it is sent to cloud and when the water reach a certain point, latch the relay to start to open the motor pump. Please enlighten me if this is possible. thanks!

Sounds totally possible, it's a quite simple project, really. One sensor, one output.

You can simplify it further by using the ESP8266 to do all the work. It's perfectly capable. Get a NodeMCU or WeMOS board.

wvmarle:
Sounds totally possible, it's a quite simple project, really. One sensor, one output.

You can simplify it further by using the ESP8266 to do all the work. It's perfectly capable. Get a NodeMCU or WeMOS board.

thank you! I have a spare esp8266-01 module here. The nodeMCU requires to be programmed, right? Will it be better than using the esp8266-01? im new to this things and i was advised to use the 01 for easy connection.

The ESP-01 makes for easy connection but you still have to program the Arduino to deal with the ESP-01 and the rest. Instead you can also just use an ESP8266 based board.

NodeMCU and WeMOS mini are breadboard friendly development boards with all the goodies (regulator, USB power supply, etc) on board.