HI! I am a begginner at Arduino, and I am amaised on what nice projects people have developed.
I have ordered Arduino Mega and I am thinking to open a topic here if you can help me to put working my Idea.
I am considering to make a system that can work as:
1- intrusion Alarm
2- fire alarm
3- Home automation (power control).
This is a very useful project for anybody’s home and I hope we can make here the total published project. (I will work on that).
So for this project I am considering the following items:
- Arduino Mega 2560 (or any other if can handle all the pins)
- 4x4 keyboard
- MQ-2 Gas/smoke detector
- Door Magnetic contact
- PiR Motion detector
- (other inputs compatible ex. tamper sw, etc)
- LCD Display 16x2
- old Nokia (other compatible phone with arduino)
- Arduino relay
- 220V Contactor/relay (20A)
I am attaching a picture of my “design” with those elements (you can give nice ideas to implement here).
- Intrusion-fire alarm.
- the system should have 2 state: armed/disarmed
- should have at least 3 different zones: fire zones should be armed allways 24h, other zone is the motion detector and the other is the door magnetic contact.
- the arduino should be configured to arm/disarm the alarm from the keypad (with a 4-5 code pin) and showing all info to the LCD
- the system shoud have a configured time to be armed/disarmed (when you enter home should have time to enter code before the siren)
- The system, when is activated and one of the sensor is in alarm, it should do 3 things:
- When the fire alarm it should sound with interruptions (or first buzzer for 10 seconds and after sound siren different from intrusion siren sound)
- When the intrusion is armed and activated it should sound immediately.
- When one of this systems is alarming (sounding siren) the arduino should send an SMS with the propper text message (FIRE, or INTRUSION as the zone)
- Through keypad and LCD you should be able to Disarm (deactivate siren) after putting the code if intrusion and no code with fire alarm
- all necessary messages can be displayed on the lcd.
- Home Automation / Domotica
- here we can do a lot of things but the simpliest thing in my mind is to toggle remotely through a SMS or a web interface, the power (220V) from the risky devices (lost iron on power plug, oven, … etc, other risky devices that you can forgot running before living home)
- I have a Wiznet Wiz107Sr that is a serial-ethernet connector. I sow that arduino can use Wiznet 5100 instead, I don’t know if it’s compatible.
So please, see the attachment design and give me any possible piece or instruction to put this project working.
best regards to all!