arduino i2c help

Hi there, now i know this might be seen as a slightly ridiculous question, but i purchased some qwicc flex glove controller sensors,

but the problem lies in the fact that to change the address, you have to modify the back of the board and i don’t have the ability to do this. (on a slight deadline to finish a project and cannot fix this issue in the time remaining.)

If i have a board that has multiple SCL and SDA sets ( either like the DUE, which has two sets, or the teensy 3.6, which has four)

( see photo here for layout)

can i run each of these boards singularly to each set and surpass the issue of being unable to change my addresses for daisy chaining them?

megamansx3:
can i run each of these boards singularly to each set and surpass the issue of being unable to change my addresses for daisy chaining them?

Yes, it is possible - just make sure to pass the correct Wire object to each instantiation of the sensor's class

I only see SCL0,SDA0 through to SCL2,SDA2...to me that's 3 sets not 4.

Another solution might be an I2C multiplexer:

Cutting a trace and adding a solder jumper is the very definition of easy and it is hard to believe you cannot find someone to help with such a simple task. It’s taken me longer to type this response than it would take to change the addresses on four boards...

power broker, thank you for confirming that. I assumed i was correct but since i am slowly teaching/ learning as i go, i’d rather check twice before i assume anything.

Bluejets, I didn’t include a picture of the back, but it actually has one more set of Sda/Scl 's. just in case you were interested in that.

WattsThat, the solder jumper bit is extremely tiny, as in .25mm x .25mm, but looking up and understanding that i could “cut a trace” (I actually started doing that, but got nervous that I may damage it so I began looking for alternatives.) I will attempt to do that before I continue with multi SCL/SDA ports.

This has definitely been helpful to my overall understanding of how this all works, and I appreciate your help.

You can also use the Software version of the Wire library which enables you to use any pins you want for SCL/SDA. It does run slower than the hardware, but it works.

megamansx3:
Bluejets, I didn't include a picture of the back, but it actually has one more set of Sda/Scl 's. just in case you were interested in that.

Yes, correct, found it in another link ( not yours)