Arduino IDE 1.5.6-r2 --> JNA.jar version issue

Issue:
For several days I tried to get the Arduino IDE 1.5.6-r2 running on my Win7 x64 machine. I pretty much tried any idea / suggestion I could find scattered over the internet, without any luck.

Solution:
Eventually, I had a look at the /lib folder and started tinkering with some version and suddenly found a solution:
Changing the JNA.jar version did the trick.

Details:
Arduino comes with JNA.jar version “3.0.3 b2”. Replacing it with JNA.jar version “3.2.7” (attached to this thread, but needs to be renamed to “jna.jar” and put in the folder “<arduino_root>/lib”) was all it took to get the IDE running.

And now?
It might make sense to include that piece of information should be included in the official Troubleshooting Guide. How would I go about that? Additionally: Does it make sense to create a but ticket, in order for the official development team to become aware of that issue and potentially upgrading to a newer JNA version in future releases?

jna-3.2.7.jar (926 KB)

Linked in the issues list...

@spacegaier, if you find any more problems with the beta version please create an issue...

Or, start / participate in a discussion on the Developers List...
https://groups.google.com/a/arduino.cc/forum/#!forum/developers

Thanks.

Just FYI: The issue is not specific to 1.5.6-r2 beta, but also affects the current stable version 1.0.5-r2.

EDIT: It would probably be helpful if some community members (that already have the IDE up and running as it is) could try to also temporary use the newer JNA.jar version (attached to first post in this thread) to see if they face any issues. This would serve as a first indicator if switching globally in a future release is an option.