Arduino IDE does not find board files?

Hello,

I have problems getting the IDE running on my Windows 7.
I have a smaller netbook (very weak) with ubuntu where everything is running fine. (Sadly very slow)

When I try to complie a file, I get the error printed below. I think the problem is, that the IDE does not find the board files.

I have tried:

• reinstalling IDE (several times)
  • different versions of the IDE (1.8.9, 1.6.5)
  • reinstalling the boards via the board manager

I've tried finding a solution to my problem in the forum but had no luck. Maybe I can not articulate my problem :confused:

Can somebody help me :sweat_smile:

Edit: I tried this with the blink example code

Error messages:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o nul
Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard" "C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
avr-g++: error: device-specs/specs-atmega328p: No such file or directory
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This error changes to another board if I select another board...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_AVR_YUN -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8041 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Yun"" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\yun" "C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o nul
Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_AVR_YUN -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x2341 -DUSB_PID=0x8041 "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT="Arduino Yun"" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\yun" "C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Basti\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_885088\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
avr-g++: error: device-specs/specs-atmega32u4: No such file or directory
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Yún.

This sort of error could be caused by your antivirus software. Try TEMPORARILY disabling your antivirus for a single compilation to see if the problem goes away, then turn the antivirus back on. If the problem doesn't occur with the antivirus off you will need to adjust the settings of your antivirus to whitelist the appropriate file, folder, or process so it doesn't interfere with compilation.

A search shows that several times after we've suggested doing that there was no further response on the Forum thread, which could be seen as a sign of success.

I also found this solution: