Arduino IDE on 64-bit Systems?

How stable is support for 64 bit sytems? A google search has risen doubts in me. There seems to be not much on 64-bit windows systems. So what are the potential issues?

Cheers, Prakash

No issues here. It runs in Java so it shouldn't really matter whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit. Just be sure to install the 64-bit FTDI drivers.

No problems here, either.

I have been using Arduino on 64bit Linux since the very beginning and haven’t had any issues with it. I haven’t tried the latest Arduino though (my version is 18).

I run it on windows 7 64bit. Think I have 32bit java.

Windows 7 x64 No problems at all with the arduino IDE Though I cannot run the emulare program. :-/

Haven't had too many problems running 32 bit programs on Windows 7 x64, in fact I can count them on half the fingers on one hand.

The IDE is a java program, so if you load the 32 bit version, it should run just fine. I have a Java program that actually requires 64 bit Java JRE, so I have both 32 and 64 bit versions running. Kind of is annoying because of the loss of autoupdate notification for Java, but Arduino IDE doesn't seem to notice.

I use Windows 7 - 64 bit, and haven’t had any problems.

Just remember to install the driver for the Arduino http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows#toc4

I know ‘some people’ who forgot to do this and spent a whole day trying to figure out why I couldn’t program the Arduino from any computer. Not me, some other people. :wink:

Joshua