arduino IDE on yun's linux

Is it possible to install the linux version of IDE on the yun itself (assuming you have expanded root suficiently)?

I doubt you would want to install the associated Java dependencies or compile on the Yun. (because of the speed)

Think the way it is being done wirelessly is the IDE is sending the compiled HEX to the AR chip and the AR chip is using avrdude to flash to the ATMEGA32u4. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that's just an assumption.

[quote author=Paul Beaudet link=msg=1943203 date=1414768704] I doubt you would want to install the associated Java dependencies or compile on the Yun. (because of the speed) [/quote]

It won't work even with the java dependencies in place: there are too many native binaries missing for the MIPS architecture. It would be painfully slow anyway, so forget about it.

[quote author=Paul Beaudet link=msg=1943203 date=1414768704] Think the way it is being done wirelessly is the IDE is sending the compiled HEX to the AR chip and the AR chip is using avrdude to flash to the ATMEGA32u4. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that's just an assumption. [/quote]

Correct