Arduino IDE V1.18.11 Option to clear serial output?

In the above version release it was noted that the option to clear the serial monitor had been removed to allow some form of copy to clipboard - I would like to know if this option could be returned but with a config option in preferences to allow clear or copy functionality. After long debug sessions any new output like a restart is often lost in the text on screen???

Also the option to always compile even if no changes have been made to the current script. I often upload to several boards with the same code version and waiting the compile time is very inconvenient.
Can this be changed to an extra toolbar button to bypass compiling and just upload??

Sorry if this is the wrong board but is almost my 1st post.

Regards Colin.

lensman11:
I would like to know if this option could be returned but with a config option in preferences to allow clear or copy functionality. After long debug sessions any new output like a restart is often lost in the text on screen?????

Have you tried using the Serial Monitor's "Clear output" button?

lensman11:
Also the option to always compile even if no changes have been made to the current script. I often upload to several boards with the same code version and waiting the compile time is very inconvenient.
Can this be changed to an extra toolbar button to bypass compiling and just upload??

There is a feature request for this here:

I should mention that Arduino CLI already provides this capability. arduino-cli upload only uploads the binaries that were produced by the last arduino-cli compile command that was run. The compile and upload behavior of the Arduino IDE is provided by arduino-ci compile --upload