Arduino IDE Won't Let Me verify/compile my projects

Hi Everyone,
I am somewhat new to arduino and am for some reason struggling to get IDE to function. I downloaded the new version of arduino IDE and admittedly had some trouble moving over all of my folders and libraries. Despite this I thought I did it all correctly, however when I try to click verify or download it gives me this message:
fork/exec /Users/TsengMacBookAir/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7/bin/avr-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Thank you so much in advance, this forum and everyone who contributes to it is amazing.

This error indicates something has gone wrong with the copy of the "Arduino AVR Boards" platform installed via Boards Manager.

The solution is to manually remove that installation. Be aware this will remove any boards you have installed via Boards Manager:

1. Select File > Preferences from the Arduino IDE menus.
  2. Click the link on the line following "More preferences can be edited directly in the file".
    This will open the Arduino15 (or similar name depending on OS) folder.
  3. Delete all files and folders under the Arduino15 folder except for preferences.txt.
    Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt, back up!
  4. Restart the Arduino IDE.

The Arduino IDE comes with a built-in installation of the "Arduino AVR Boards" platform, so after you remove the installation at /Users/TsengMacBookAir/Library/Arduino15/packages, you'll still be able to use your Nano, and it won't be necessary to reinstall it via Boards Manager.

If you have other boards platforms you need to reinstall, first verify that you can now use your AVR board before doing so in case there is something about the other boards platforms that caused this error.

This fixed my problem too. Thank you sooooo much :slight_smile:

Dave

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per