Arduino IDE wont open

Hi, I tried to open Arduino IDE but it wont open. It worked fine yesterday. I tried reinstalled the IDE but still didnt fix the problem. I ran arduino_debug as suggested on an online post. This is what i got
Please help me… :o

Capture.PNG

That’s only a portion of the arduino_debug output. Please copy and paste it into a comment here as text. Use code tags(</> button on the toolbar).

The solution is most likely to delete your Arduino15 folder but if you want a workaround that doesn’t involve deleting things you can try using the Arduino IDE in portable mode by creating a folder named portable in the Arduino IDE installation folder.

Thanks for yr reply. This is the rest of the output
C:\Program Files\Arduino>arduino_debug
Loading configuration…
Initializing packages…
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParseException: Illegal character ((CTRL-CHAR, co
de 0)): only regular white space (\r, \n, \t) is allowed between tokens
at [Source: java.io.FileInputStream@1f95560; line: 1, column: 2]
at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonParser._constructError(JsonParser.java
:1581)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._reportError(Parser
MinimalBase.java:533)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.base.ParserMinimalBase._throwInvalidSpace(
ParserMinimalBase.java:484)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser._skipWSOrEnd(Re
aderBasedJsonParser.java:2036)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.ReaderBasedJsonParser.nextToken(Reade
rBasedJsonParser.java:577)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMap
per.java:3776)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMa
pper.java:3721)
at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.ja
va:2796)
at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionsIndexer.parseIndex(Con
tributionsIndexer.java:173)
at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionsIndexer.parseIndex(Con
tributionsIndexer.java:90)
at processing.app.BaseNoGui.initPackages(BaseNoGui.java:597)
at processing.app.Base.(Base.java:295)
at processing.app.Base.guardedMain(Base.java:222)
at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:137)

It looks like one of the Boards Manager files is invalid. So hold off on the portable mode thing and we'll see if it can be fixed in regular mode, if you already tried portable mode then delete the portable folder you created.

Try this:

• Open C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15\preferences.txt in a text editor
  • Copy the whole line that starts with boardsmanager.additional.urls= and paste it into a message here.
  • Delete the list of URLs on the line that starts with boardsmanager.additional.urls=
  • Save preferences.txt
  • Delete all files in C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15 except for preferences.txt. Don't delete any of the folders.
  • Try to open the Arduino IDE.
  • Let me know what the result is.

pert:
It looks like one of the Boards Manager files is invalid. So hold off on the portable mode thing and we'll see if it can be fixed in regular mode, if you already tried portable mode then delete the portable folder you created.

Try this:

• Open C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15\preferences.txt in a text editor
  • Copy the whole line that starts with boardsmanager.additional.urls= and paste it into a message here.
  • Delete the list of URLs on the line that starts with boardsmanager.additional.urls=
  • Save preferences.txt
  • Delete all files in C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15 except for preferences.txt. Don't delete any of the folders.
  • Try to open the Arduino IDE.
  • Let me know what the result is.

It works . Thank you!!!!

Were there any Boards Manager URLs that you deleted from preferences.txt?

Yes. I followed the steps and managed to open the IDE.
In the end, i added the url at at File> preferences. Thanks

Well if the json file has an error in it the problem will just happen again. That's why I asked you to post the URLs so that I could check them and if there is an error try to get it fixed. The other possibility is that the file was corrupted on your computer somehow and if that is the case hopefully it won't happen again but at least you know the fix now.