Arduino IDE worked until installed "eePe" software, then no more upload

Hello.

Please help. Tried to change firmware on USBasp, and found YouTube video about procedure, where someone mentioned this "eePe" program. After following instruction, got nothing - unable to change firmware. But that is not the problem. Tried uninstall "eePee", tried uninstall and install new IDE version 1.6.5 (instead old 1.6.4). Nothing helps. Tried restart win7 - doesnt help either.

It begins to copmile, but now bit slower. I am sure that it is connected to proper port, but no uploading.

Problem is that after this attempt, I am no more able to wrok with Arudiono IDE - it can't upload any sketch to the arudino nano. Copilling is okay, but when come to uploading, it wait very long time and then showing next errors:

"avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions. avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf1 "

Now, what is that "stk500", and how to solve this problem?

Thank ou in advance for answer.

milan

It is an very old error message, that is still somewhere in the code. It should be read as: "O no, I tried to connect to an Arduino but I can't communicate at all with it. It seems almost as if it is not even there".

Happy me!

Found problem: Because I tried to use Arduino nano as a programmer, bootloader got corrupted. In Arduino IDE, option “Burn Bootloader” does NOT working, probably because it already recognise that ‘something’ is already there.

Then got idea which solved the problem: by using the same USBasp programmer and "Khazama AVR programmer, downloaded from non-corrupted arduino nano whole flash memory and ‘transplated’ (uploaded) to arduino nano with corrupted bootloader. Now it works with bootloader and USB cable.

Thank you for your attention. If someone getting in the same trouble, this is one of the way to rectify mistake.

Best wishes to all,
milan

Nice :slight_smile:
Burn bootloader does work, I used it today with an USBasp version 2, and a 10-pin to 6-pin converter.