Arduino in The Force Awakens? (Minor Spoilers)

Doesn't it look like an Arduino board the one that Rey disconnects in order to bypass the compressor of the Millennium Falcon?

|500x217

-p

you should know the Force works on 16Mhz and needs almost 2K RAM:)

“That’s Not How The Force Works!”

robtillaart: you should know the Force works on 16Mhz and needs almost 2K RAM:)

There are all kinds of shields for an Arduino....except a deflector shield!!! How can I defeat the Klingons without one?

Henry_Best: There are all kinds of shields for an Arduino....except a deflector shield!!! How can I defeat the Klingons without one?

You can use a motor shield and some power transistors to switch a Magnetic Field on/off

Create a magnetic field - http://regentsprep.org/regents/physics/phys03/cdeflecte/ some example wiring - http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/practical-physics/deflecting-electron-beam

I propose to use the H bridge so you can select polarity in which direction the electrons are deflected to.

You might need a phototransistor to detect the incoming beam as an LDR is too slow. Be sure to use an interrupt routine for this to react a.s.a.p.

For a proton-beam you need to increase the magnetic field strength with 1837 because of the electron proton mass ratio. And of course switch polarity!

You might consider external power supply, but to save energy you could use pulsed deflection e.g. by means of PWM :)

That cannot be an Arduino board as the image is from another galaxy. To ship an Arduino there would be astronomically expensive.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

LarryD: That cannot be an Arduino board as the image is from another galaxy. To ship an Arduino there would be astronomically expensive.

but to send the schematics would be possible? => they might recreated one, remember "the clone wars" ;)

LarryD: That cannot be an Arduino board as the image is from another galaxy. To ship an Arduino there would be astronomically expensive.

It's a cheap knockoff with CH340G. The seller was offering free ePacket delivery from China. How could they resist? They may have waited some weeks, but it eventually arrived.

Here more details...Even blurry, I have found some resemblances. There is also a shield of course. May be watching the IMAX... or ask Massimo.

P.S. I can promise you that I have not done any Photoshop or so.

|500x226

dmjlambert: It's a cheap knockoff with CH340G. The seller was offering free ePacket delivery from China. How could they resist? They may have waited some weeks, but it eventually arrived.

I forgot China has free shipping ! 15-24 days I believe.

There is proof:
2015-12-23_15-39-25.png

GRRRRRRRRAaaaawhhh whhhr!!!

robtillaart: You can use a motor shield and some power transistors to switch a Magnetic Field on/off

Create a magnetic field - http://regentsprep.org/regents/physics/phys03/cdeflecte/ some example wiring - http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/practical-physics/deflecting-electron-beam

I propose to use the H bridge so you can select polarity in which direction the electrons are deflected to.

You might need a phototransistor to detect the incoming beam as an LDR is too slow. Be sure to use an interrupt routine for this to react a.s.a.p.

For a proton-beam you need to increase the magnetic field strength with 1837 because of the electron proton mass ratio. And of course switch polarity!

You might consider external power supply, but to save energy you could use pulsed deflection e.g. by means of PWM :)

"The engines won't take it, Jim!"

LarryD, you are too much!

I wonder who would own the trademarks.

only Hell knows :D

Hi, I everybody knows the Arduino clones come from Kamino. "A lonely world beyond the Outer Rim and just south of the Rishi Maze" I believe.

Tom.... :)

It's true. All of it. The Arduino, the clones, Banzi. They're real.

Really? I assume you've never bought directly from China. They ship 2$ worth items for free.