Arduino in tupperware

I have a 3v pro mini, but also may try a 5v uno, installed in a sealed off tupperware container for ease of dealing with humans and safety of the project itself.

Are there any dissipation or overheating concerns? I could easily drill for ventilation, but would like to know if I should, or how many/big to make the holes. I could even install a small fan in the box. I am not concerned about power consumption, noise, or cost, I simply want to know what is the right way to handle this project.
thanks!!

Hard to say - tupperware comes in a range of sizes and heating will depend on how much current your project draws. I'd just try it & see if it gets hot. If you have the pins to spare, you could hook up something to read the temperature & an LED or three to indicate cool, warm, hot.

You could save a bit of effort drilling holes and use one of these. 8)

In your typical tupperware-container, you will reach a thermal equilibrium in a matter of tens of minutes.

Unless your device malfunctions or meltdown within this period, you will have no problems.

// Per.

'328P has a thermal sensor on the chip itself. Monitor it for overheating.
I don't think you'll have a problem - promini uses a regulator that only supplies 150mA, so 750mW tops for the 328P itself, plus the power dissipated by the regulator, maybe another 750mW if using a 10V supply.
Altho if you have to get a supply, why not just a 5V supply to start and connect to the Vcc pin.

CrossRoads:
'328P has a thermal sensor on the chip itself. Monitor it for overheating.
I don’t think you’ll have a problem - promini uses a regulator that only supplies 150mA, so 750mW tops for the 328P itself, plus the power dissipated by the regulator, maybe another 750mW if using a 10V supply.
Altho if you have to get a supply, why not just a 5V supply to start and connect to the Vcc pin.

Oh wow, I had no idea that sensor was there. After a search or two it looks like I ca simply read it like a virtual analog pin, but the pin # may change from board to board?

I agree it will probably not be a problem. For power this one will have 5v off a usb wall wart, external to ththe container, or 3.3v off a nearby raspberry pi