Arduino Installation

Hi,

I am a new user to Arduino. I rescently purchased an Arduino Starter Kit, which includes an Arduino UNO board. I am running Windows 8.1, and have been attempting to attach the board with Google Chrome. I followed the Gatting Started Manual, regustered and logged in. When clicking on the Arduino Icon, I was able to get through the Create step and downloaded the Web Editor, and executed the "Blink' sketch successfully, but the screen does not show the buttons for 'File, Edit, Sketch, Tools, and Help ? Secondly, when the same screen appears, an Error message flashes accross the screen stating that "PLUGIN' is not connected, and to download again, which didn't help! Also when I loaded an example sketch for 'Blink', I could VERIFY it, but not UPLOAD it. I am very confused. Please Help.

Thanks,
RMT

There are two different options: Arduino Web Editor, which you’re currently attempting to use and the Arduino IDE. It’s the Arduino IDE which will have the buttons for File, Edit, Sketch, Tools, and Help. You can download the Arduino IDE from here:

RTroester:
an Error message flashes accross the screen stating that "PLUGIN’ is not connected,

I could VERIFY it, but not UPLOAD it.

The plugin is necessary for uploading so you need to get that working if you want to use the Arduino Web Editor. You can find some more information here: