Arduino Instant Messaging Client (whatsapp, messenger, teleport etc)

Hello,

Is there any library delivering Instant Messaging support (whatsapp, messenger, teleport etc) as a Client?

Regards, M

Well, to receive or send sms messages, you will need a gsm modem or similar. I believe the Arduino GMS Shield uses the GSM Library, which containts examples of code for sending sms messages. As for receiving, and other messaging apps, the code may look different.

Let’s assume that I have internet connectivity (by shield or esp8266/esp32)…

macle7400:
Let's assume that I have internet connectivity (by shield or esp8266/esp32)...

Ok, so what would the library do for you?

Perehama:
Ok, so what would the library do for you?

And how would what the Arduino has to do differ from what a PC would do to deliver the same functionality to you?

If you know how to make the PC deliver that functionality (and it's usually far easier to develop/test on a PC), and that knowledge is more than "Well, I run this program...", then making the Arduino do the same thing is often pretty easy.

I think I misunderstood the conversation from the beginning... You said messaging service, but then mentioned a few that have proprietary protocol. No libraries are likely to be written for closed source protocols, like WhatsApp, Skype, AIM, MSNMessenger etc. There are libraries for IRC, XMPP, HTTP, MQTT, Telnet etc., all open source messaging protocol that could make an arduino client.

And even if Whatsapp published their protocol, I doubt the Arduino would have the horsepower or memory to do the end-to-end encryption.

I don’t know how it works, but I would like to know if there is any way to recover deleted messages from whatsapp?