Arduino interface and midi

I wonder what the Program Used , and How THIS Arduino interface and midi

Why not add a comment to the video and ask ?

I'm pretty new to the Arduino , and the more so, forum my doubts is how to play midi files on the Arduino from a program that converts mp3 to midi .

I'm pretty new to the Arduino , and the more so, forum my doubts is how to play midi files on the Arduino from a program that converts mp3 to midi .

Excuse my English , I'm from Brazil

You'll never achieve this on an arduino. MP3 is compressed data. Just decompressing it would likely be beyond the capabilities of the average arduino, due to the limited memory available. Once decompressed you would then have a series of analog values to be sent to the speakers to reproduce the sound. Analysing this to get back to the original notes involved would be difficult enough with a simple sin wave but when there are multiple notes with harmonics etc..

This project is a total non starter.

forum my doubts is how to play midi files on the Arduino from a program that converts mp3 to midi .

Have you got the MP3 to MIDI conversion program? That I think is not possible. At least not very good.

I Believe My question has not been very clear , what I like to do this would be - YouTube

Convert any music mp3 to MIDI format , and pass this music to the Arduino , not have much idea of what was done in the video , but I think that is it.

Haha, That's really cool but mad. You need the program that guy was using to convert to midi. You could then send the midi out over the serial port on the computer. Using the midi library you could get the note information from the midi stream. Then using the tone library you could drive the speakers.

In that video it is playing existing MIDI files, not converting from MP3 files. He seems to be using something called "Moppy" which is a Java program for sending MIDI to an Arduino and an Arduino program for playing music on the stepper motors of old floppy drives. You can find it here: GitHub - Sammy1Am/Moppy2: The evolution of the Musical flOPPY controller

That video said:-

From a MIDI file to Arduino.

Nowhere did it mention MP3.

Convert any music mp3 to MIDI format

This can not be done.

and an Arduino program for playing music on the stepper motors of old floppy drives.

So why were there speakers? I saw no stepping motors. Mind you it was so awful I stopped watching at 1:34 in.

KenF:
Haha, That's really cool but mad. You need the program that guy was using to convert to midi. You could then send the midi out over the serial port on the computer. Using the midi library you could get the note information from the midi stream. Then using the tone library you could drive the speakers.

yes, AND EVEN Pretty cool , huh little searching Getting find the program USED :slight_smile: , put the link

johnwasser:
In that video it is playing existing MIDI files, not converting from MP3 files. He seems to be using something called "Moppy" which is a Java program for sending MIDI to an Arduino and an Arduino program for playing music on the stepper motors of old floppy drives. You can find it here: GitHub - Sammy1Am/Moppy2: The evolution of the Musical flOPPY controller

Wow , thank you, had not noticed, already saw some videos with the driver floppy, and did a little research , I managed to find the software used , https://github.com/SammyIAm/Moppy/archive/moppy-advanced.zip , try you and keep you informed kkk

Please do not cross-post. This wastes time and resources as people attempt to answer your question on multiple threads.

Threads merged.

Grumpy_Mike:
So why were there speakers? I saw no stepping motors. Mind you it was so awful I stopped watching at 1:34 in.

I assume the Moppy Arduino sketch was re-purposed to play on a speaker. I'm sure if you hooked a speaker to the Step pin for a stepper driver you would get recognizable notes out.
Maybe the octosynth sketch (http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~jqm/?p=605) could be used to play 8-note polyphonic MIDI.