arduino is extremly hot!!!

when i plug the usb cable to the arduino(reddboard) the arduino is getting hot and its not working... help!!!

the arduino is getting hot and its not working

Sounds like it is broken.

how can it be broken? im not doing anyting speciel to the arduino... i just put it on the table... there is no way to fix it?

It's probably just a dud - get a replacement.

// Per.

how can it be broken

I don't know, what have you been doing to it? Did it ever work? Does your computer see it as a USB device? Is there anything else connected to it? Has it been subject to any static?

What you describe is not normal, it is broken:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

i just put it on the table.

Is the table at all conductive?

Sounds to me that when you put that 1000uf cap on + & - last month, it may have burned the regulator. You can't do that stuff. A discharged cap is a direct short when power is applied.

Did it ever work? yes Does your computer see it as a USB device? yes Is there anything else connected to it? no

steinie44 - im dont think that the voltage regulator is burn because the microcontroller is the hot component... not the voltage regulator. and the aruino was keep working after i connect the capacitors...

there is any way to fix it?

sorry about the english :)

Replace the Atmega328P-chip.

// Per.

if there is no other way im Probably buy a new board… thanks for help!!

srrs4: if there is no other way im Probably buy a new board... thanks for help!!

$4 vs. $20, your call.

// Per.

steinie44: Sounds to me that when you put that 1000uf cap on + & - last month, it may have burned the regulator. You can't do that stuff. A discharged cap is a direct short when power is applied.

A 1mf capacitor on it's voltage rails would not have damaged the atmega chip, I doubt the regulator would have cared much either...

If the cap was on an output pin, different story.

srrs4: im dont think that the voltage regulator is burn because the microcontroller is the hot component... not the voltage regulator.

If regulator doesn't get hot doesn't mean it's not dead I guess.. Check voltage levels on it. The microcontroller gets hots when there is a short between VCC and GND. Check with your tester.