Arduino is freezing : bluetooth problem ?

Hello, I've some problem with Arduino software under WinXP 32 bits. Arduino seems to freeze, display "An error occured while starting the application", and finally starts after a few minutes.

Every time I try to click on tools menu, Arduino freezes again. I try on 2 different PC, same problem. It seems that there is a conflict between Arduino and Bluetooth.

Coud you please help me to fix the problem ? Thanks a lot !

Up !

Do you have some bluetooth devices connected to your computer? If so, try disconnecting them, and throwing them across the room.

Does the IDE now start and behave properly. If so, leave the bluetooth crap disconnected. If not, go get it, and plug it back in.

Hi, I have one usb//bluetooth converter on the computer.

I disconnected it, switched of the device but it does'nt change anything.

After that, I desactivated most of the "Bluetooth Serial Port" in windows/system and the problem left. There is a conflit between BlueSoleil Bluetooth driver and Arduino. Too bad that Arduino is not unaware it...

Thanks for your help !

The problem isn’t with the Arduino software. It is with the BlueSoliel software trying to take over every com port that gets established.

You're right.

Every time I try to click on tools menu, Arduino freezes again. I try on 2 different PC, same problem. It seems that there is a conflict between Arduino and Bluetooth.

Hey whoah! You guys have it all wrong. I ran into this problem and found the solution when I replaced the rxtxserial.dll file located in the Arduino folder.

Check this link out: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288044446/0

If you still don't get it send me a message. I can just send you the file