Arduino is turning off when 5V is plugged in

Hello!! I am new to electronics and I am trying to figure out the reason why I am having an issue with my arduino turning off when I plug the wire running from the + on my breadboard to my 5V on the arduino. I have wires plugged in for 4 LEDS’s and a button load weight sensor. I’m not sure if this is putting to much pressure on the arduino and if that is why it isn’t working, but I would greatly appreciate help figuring it out. I attached some pictures of the wiring. The wires plugged into the breadboard with the black clips all go to LED’s and I have 3 wires coming from the weight load sensor, they go to 5V, ground, and an Analog Input.

Thank you so much in advance,
If I can clarify anything, please let me know!

Please tell me that there is no way for the Arduinos to touch those metal plates.

Also where do the three wires go that disappear behind some wood ?

Whilst a little difficult to tell it looks like the ground on one arduino goes to the power rail for the breadboard via a grey or white wire.

Not sure why you would need two arduinos for what you say you are doing ?

That symptom suggests that there's a short circuit between the power rails, or possibly something that draws too much current. Recheck wiring; use your multimeter.

Ballscrewbob: Please tell me that there is no way for the Arduinos to touch those metal plates.

Also where do the three wires go that disappear behind some wood ?

Whilst a little difficult to tell it looks like the ground on one arduino goes to the power rail for the breadboard via a grey or white wire.

Not sure why you would need two arduinos for what you say you are doing ?

No, the arduino's are suspended above the metal plates so no they aren't touching. The group of wires that go behind the wood goes to the LED'S and the 3 wires that go to the left, under the wood, go to the button load weight sensor. There is a a second arduino because my first arduino was having issues so I switched the other arduino to see if it would work.

I looked again at the picture and am a little concerned still about your standoff layout.

Those screw heads look a little large.

IMHO if I had to mount to a metal plate I would be using insulated standoffs to make absoloutly sure there was never any chance of a short and also using longer ones than you appear to be doing. (although its hard to tell what you are using)

I do support DrAzzy in that a very careful check of wiring is in order based on the somewhat haphazard method you currently use.

That white or light grey wire does look suspect. Try to also avoid too much bare wire coming out of the the headers as it only needs to move a very small amount on projects to make them short out leaving you with dead sensors or worse a board.

Image-1-3v2.jpg