Arduino isolated in infinite reboot loop! (solved)

Playing with watchdog functions to trying to reset Arduino I've 'involontary' inserted an reset in the SETUP section so Arduino will self reset continuosly and it's impossible to access to it trough serial port too!

How to reset everything?

Thanks

inserted an reset in the SETUP section

Meaning what exactly.

If it's code in setup() it's erased when you load a new program isn't it? Or are you saying that you have something like "jmp 0" in setup and that's screwing with the bootloader?

Rob

Press & hold reset button.
Start download of corrected program via IDE.
Release Reset when you see the "Compiled xxx bytes of 32xxx" kind of message.
May take a couple of tries to release at the right time.

Last resort is reload via ICSP.

Thanks for reply,
I tried as CrossRoads said, many times in all manner, removing the usb connect too 'cause Arduino it's too fast to restart pressing reset only.
Now i'm googling to understand what's ICSP is :).
Any other way to 'format' program area?.

Thanks anyway

Paolo

Regardless of how fast your program is the bootloader gets control before your program so the technique Crossroads suggested usually works.

Rob

lemorlenny:
Now i’m googling to understand what’s ICSP is :).

In-Circuit Serial Programming. You can get one from Adafruit (amongst others) for $22:

If you have a spare Uno or similar you can turn it into a programmer by running a few wires.

Graynomad:
Regardless of how fast your program is the bootloader gets control before your program so the technique Crossroads suggested usually works.

Rob

Many thanks, I'll try again.

Thanks for your reply, I have another Arduino can I use it for this purpose?

Regards

Paolo

lemorlenny:

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=100886.msg757227#msg757227 date=1334178372]

lemorlenny:
Now i'm googling to understand what's ICSP is :).

In-Circuit Serial Programming. You can get one from Adafruit (amongst others) for $22:

USBtinyISP AVR Programmer Kit (USB SpokePOV Dongle) [v2.0] : ID 46 : $22.00 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

If you have a spare Uno or similar you can turn it into a programmer by running a few wires.

http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP

Thanks for your reply, I have another Arduino can I use it for this purpose?

Regards

Paolo
[/quote]

Oops!, your reply is the answer, excuse me.

I finally solved the problem!
using this scheme:http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP
but with a difference, the Arduino blocked interfered with each other (both of the power LED flashing simultaneously) to run the ISP was necessary to remove the ground connection cable between the two.

Thanks to everyone.

Paolo