Arduino KY-037 Audio Sensor, AnalogOutput gets me VCC value

Hello,

I would like to know why my Keyes KY-037 Audio Sensor returns me always same value which is in my opinion value of Vcc... When I set threshold to max, I'm getting value ~4096 of analog output (because my ADC convertor on mcu is 12bit; 2^12 = 4096).

I have done test with my ADC conversion, because I connected instead of microphone analog out, I connected on Vcc and GND, and I recieved values ~4096, ~10 respectively, so it's obvious that problem is with microphone analog output.

I don't see any difference on loud, or silent, like my audio sensor is not reacting on environment.

I'm sorry but I don't use Arduino MCU, hope you can help me, no matter I use stm32f4 mcu.

Feel free to ask about any information which may be relevant to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Are you sure you are looking at the Analog output pin of the module??

Threshold?? The module has a comparator that puts out a DIGITAL value when the set point is exceeded, out the DIGITAL Output pin.

terryking228: Hi, Are you sure you are looking at the Analog output pin of the module??

Threshold?? The module has a comparator that puts out a DIGITAL value when the set point is exceeded, out the DIGITAL Output pin.

Sorry what do you mean am I looking at the Analog output pin? I've connected A0 from the sensor to my analog in pin.

Yeah, I know that it's used for Digital Output, but when I change potentiometer value I get smaller or bigger value around which it varies (+ - 4), but I think that sensor has "no ears", it gives me constantly same value.

I guess you dont have an oscilloscope…:
Try recording the audio signal with e.g. “Audacity”.
connect signal to PCs mic input vis a 10k resistor (or make a voltage divider to adjust input level)
U’ll be able to see what kind of signal the KY… gives you

bleyze:
When I set threshold to max, I’m getting value ~4096 of analog output (because my ADC convertor on mcu is 12bit; 2^12 = 4096).

As mentioned by other posters, the threshold pot is for the DIGITAL output ONLY.
It has nothing to do with the analogue output, although you could see some variation in offset voltage there.

bleyze:
I have done test with my ADC conversion, because I connected instead of microphone analog out, I connected on Vcc and GND, and I recieved values ~4096, ~10 respectively, so it’s obvious that problem is with microphone analog output.

Maybe it’s your code. You should take thousands of samples per second, and record min and max peak values.

bleyze:
I’m sorry but I don’t use Arduino MCU, hope you can help me, no matter I use stm32f4 mcu.

Not sure why you’re posting here then. This is an Arduino sponsered forum, not a general electronics forum.
Leo…