Arduino L293d Unipolar Heeeeelp!!!

Hi everybody!!

I m new to this forum and I don't know anything about electonic.
As a bonus I m italian... so forgive my english..

I ve an Arduino, one L293d and a 12v 0.35a unipolar with 5 wires:
I read some projects here and there so I thought: It s so easy!
And now I spent the last 4 days getting nothing... :frowning:
It s so frustrating...

I tried all the tutorials.. but no one worked. Simply the stepper do nothing.
With some manual switches I got to make it move... but If I try to use the L293D... nothin again. It seems operating.. I also tried another one.. I feel like I missing something important..

I also got moderate results with proteus simulator, but if I try to use a 5v+ power source instead of Logicstate component... I get some strange voltages... is it normal?

Please, I know is not easy to help... (I hope the pic can explain abit better then I could)... I really feel like an idiot... it seemed so easy..

Thanku very much, and sorry for the long post.

Have a nice day.[/img][/img][/img][/img]

You appear to lack pull-ups or pull-downs on the pushbuttons - is that intended?

Also its hard to follow that photo - have a schematic? In particular how is the motor wired?

Thank u very much... to be honest I don't even know what pull up/down resistance are... :sweat_smile:

BTW I sorted out things a bit...

in the end I came up with something like that in the picture..

Sorry to bother u...BUT One thing is very obscure to me:

I know that a battery to work properly needs to be in a closed circuit, but in mine are not, they both go to the ground...

Considering I don't have the GROUND in practice (I use the power supply ground usually)... where should I hook them?

Or better, I know you can't teach me electronics via posts... at least... could u suggest me where to find this kind of info? In the book I read... I didn't find something similar : 2 batteries, IC, different voltages...

Thank u very much. Have a nice day.

bats.jpg

Both your batteries are driving closed circuits - one of these circuits happens to control current in the other, and both share a ground, but they are both circuits around which current flows.