Arduino+Laptop+Internet (Via USB)

Hey everyone,

I want to start the bases of a home automation project and, for now, my biggest problem is to get a web page that will be inter-connected to the arduino via USB. From the arduino side, I can slowly create all the code I need, but for the web page I have no idea how to do it... Any similar project? guidelines? oppensource project?

I dont know what is the best language to create the web page code, I'm open to any sugestions.

Thanks everybody

for now, my biggest problem is to get a web page that will be inter-connected to the arduino via USB.

About the only way to do that would be to run a web server on the pc with a cgi program that can communicate between the web server and arduino via the pc/arduino serial ports.

A friend already told me that I need a web page with php code to connect the web page with the serial port. My doubt is where to get example code to put on the web page to stablish a serial connection.

Thanks

A friend already told me that I need a web page with php code to connect the web page with the serial port. My doubt is where to get example code to put on the web page to stablish a serial connection.

Your friend might be the best source. One fact is that with windows php can only write to the serial port. You can google search this forum for "php serial port" for a lot of previous post on the subject.

Thanks again!

And with php be the best solution in your opinion? or any other language? (as easy as possible :grin: )