Arduino Laser Tag

Edit: I've decided to simplify my game. I'd like to have a vest the person wears and the person starts out with a certain amount of lives. Each time they get hit, they loose a life, and when all their lives are up, their vest shuts down. This means the laser gun could be seperate from the vest. I'd also like each hit point on the vest to have LEDs so that other players can see them. When more than half of a person's lives are gone, these LEDs will blink. I'd also like a piezo buzzer to go off when someone is shot.

What I need: I guidance on parts for the gun emitter and receiver on te packs. I've done a lot of research on these and I can't figure out a good way to create a laser and have a laser sensor that doesn't need to be hit exactly right. I'm probably gonna need a lot of help on the code as well. I've done some basic projects with my Arduino uno, but nothing like this. I figured this would be a great way for me to learn more. Lastly, any parts suggestions would be great, too.

All Help Is Greatly Appreciated - bauer9

Do you have any experience with electronics and lasers? Do you know something about the laser dangers? Do you want to use that in a private environment or commercially?

There are commercial solutions available, but you need a license to operate them to avoid any damge to human beings.

rpt007: Do you have any experience with electronics and lasers? Do you know something about the laser dangers? Do you want to use that in a private environment or commercially?

There are commercial solutions available, but you need a license to operate them to avoid any damge to human beings.

I don't want to use actual lasers. They provide too much of a risk to eye danger. Is there a way with an LED and maybe some sort of focus lense to creat a "laser"? This will be a private environment, and I have a fair amount of experience with electronics.

I don't have any experience with laser guns and I don't know too much about power LEDs. It all depends how much power is needed so that the detectors can be triggered. So a powerful LED and a good quality focal system would be needed, that's what I GUESS.

I am sorry, but I can't help any further in this special field.

I know someone has to have some experience in this area!

I do not have much experience too but i think you can use low power lasers and LDRs for detecting the laser