Arduino Leonardo and Sparkfun CAN Bus Shield

Hi,
Currently, I'm at the testing stage and I need my both Arduino to communicate with each other through a CAN Bus Shield and a DB9 cable.
I have also downloaded the Sparkfun can bus shield library but once I tried running the code (Read and Write Code), the Serial Monitor claimed that the CAN bus isn't initialised.

Could anyone help me with my project?

SPI connection problem
The MCP2515 of the Can-Bus-Shield communicates with the Arduino via the SPI lines (MOSI, MISO, SCK) plus CS (Chip Select).
These connections on an Arduino UNO are located at:
MOSI ... D11
MISO ... D12
SCK ... D13

But on an Arduino Leonardo they are NOT located at these pins.
MOSI, MISO and SCK are only brought out at the (6 pin) ISP header.

So if you want to use the Sparkfun can bus shield with a Leonardo you will have to make some "hacks", like making connections from shield pin D11 to Leonardo's ISP header pin "MOSI" and so forth.

It looks like this shield is not compatible with Arduino Leonardo.

uxomm:
SPI connection problem
The MCP2515 of the Can-Bus-Shield communicates with the Arduino via the SPI lines (MOSI, MISO, SCK) plus CS (Chip Select).
These connections on an Arduino UNO are located at:
MOSI ... D11
MISO ... D12
SCK ... D13

But on an Arduino Leonardo they are NOT located at these pins.
MOSI, MISO and SCK are only brought out at the (6 pin) ISP header.

So if you want to use the Sparkfun can bus shield with a Leonardo you will have to make some "hacks", like making connections from shield pin D11 to Leonardo's ISP header pin "MOSI" and so forth.

It looks like this shield is not compatible with Arduino Leonardo.

Thanks for helping! I will check it out!

Hi uxomm,
Do you still know what other boards can work together with the Sparkfun CAN Bus Shield? Other than the Arduino Uno?

if you want simple backpack the shield without running cables the Mega 2560 board would be an option. It is compatible with most shields designed for the Uno.
If you are willing to do cable connections you have many options.

Oooo, Apparently I tried the Arduino Uno and it works! Thanks anyways for your help.

It is always good to hear that it works.