Arduino Leonardo: different behavior on different PCs same parameters

Hello to everyone.
I am Paolo, electrical engineer with quite limited software/driver understanding.

Project: My friend and I have a sim racing motion platform, developed according to project "OpenSFX" (https://opensfx.com/).
There is a closed software (simfeedback) running on PC, which communicates to Arduino Leonardo (provided closed firmware to be uploaded), which communicates to servo motor drivers.
Arduino output towards the motor drivers is a series of pulses burts sent out every 10ms.

Test conditions: My friend and I have the same windows versions, same motion rig, same software running. Slightly different hardware (but same generation intel CPU, same MoBo socket, Same MoBo chip Z370).
The test consists on 2 steps:

1. monitoring the COM port traffic through "Device Monitoring Studio"
  2. checking arduino output to drivers through oscilloscope

Test results (the issue):
My PC: "Device Monitor Studio" shows packets every 16ms.

The oscilloscope shows bursts in a timed pattern of 10-20-10-20ms

My friend's pc: "Device Monitor Studio" shows packets every 10ms.

The oscilloscope shows bursts in a timed pattern of 10ms constant.

What I did so far:

1. Re-Installed windows (3 times, with or without formatting) --> no difference
  2. Updated all drivers and Bios --> no difference
  3. disabled Windows timing settings (disabled HPET, disabled/enabled dynamictick) --> no difference
  4. changed Motherboard (to MSI Z390 Gaming edge) --> no difference
  5. changed Arduino (tried original Leonardo and DIYmore Leonardo) --> no difference
  6. changed USB cable (normal cable, certified USB2.0 cable) --> no difference

Note:
We also have a direct drive steering wheel, communicating via USB towards a Simucube board, and checking that port with Device Monitor Studio, we have exactly the same results, packets sent every 0.5 - 0.6 ms.

I am completely out of any ideas now. Do you have any suggestion on what could be the cause?

Thank you,

Paolo

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.