Arduino Leonardo- numerous limit?

Are there any limitations about how many leds (connected in one strip) can be controlled by the Arduino Leonardo? Power limitation or any other? and how many different strips can be controlled from 1 microcontroller? I am talking about addressable leds Thank you

liorganor: Are there any limitations about how many leds (connected in one strip) can be controlled by the Arduino Leonardo?

The only limit is RAM (1 bit per LED, 8 bits per byte, 2.5K bytes on a Leo). Or, the complexity of your algorithm.

Power limitation or any other?

The Arduino can power up to 200mA directly, with up to 40mA per pin. Beyond that, you will need to use external power and a means of switching such as a transistor, shift register, or other helper IC.

and how many different strips can be controlled from 1 microcontroller? I am talking about addressable leds

Not sure what addressable leds are. Multiplexed/Charlieplexed? I2C or SPI?

Addressable LEDs usually refer to LED strips that have WS2811 or similar with each LED. A string of data is sent out to all the daisychained LED controllers in the string, when there is a time gap (something like 500uS) in the data the LED controllers all act on the data they last received. So the limit is really just imagination used in the sketch. Multiple strips can be used, may need an additional hardware chip or two to help implement slave select functionality between strips in conjunction with SPI outputs SCK and MOSI. Strips are seperately powered (5V or 12V does not come from Arduino 5V header).