Arduino Leonardo with Ethernet Shield Not Displaying Example Outputs

Hello All,

I am a beginner with the Arduino but for my project I am using an Ethernet Shield (W5200) with an Arduino Leonardo. I am trying to do the example given that comes with the Arduino IDE (File > Example > Ethernet). Some things I have attempted to run is SendAndReceiveUDP, WebServer, and DCHPPrintAddress but they all fail.

I have added the W5200 library into the Arduino libraries folder and still no luck.

Everything uploads fine on the Arduino board and my router and computer know something is on the other end of the ethernet port. In the code, I match the IP address but use a different last number so for example 192.168.1.100 (computer) and Leonardo is set to 192.168.1.200.

The firewall has been disabled when running and uploading the program.

One thing I think is weird is on the board there is a link LED and it flashes red. Also, using a Windows 10 computer.

Any help is appreciated with this. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post.

Can you provide a link to the ethernet shield you purchased?

Arduino example code on W5100 ethernet shield assumes pin 10 is the CS pin. I wonder if your shield has a different pin.

Hello,

The ethernet shield I purchased is: W5200 Ethernet Shield - Creatron Inc

Thank you for the quick reply and the help.

You should download and import a library for the w5200. This library is reported working with the w5200.

After importing the library into the IDE and restarting the IDE, you must change the include file in your sketches.

change
#include <Ethernet.h>
to
#include <EthernetV2_0.h>