Arduino M0: how to install ? (IDE 1.6.5)

hello,
I just purchased an Arduino M0, but there are installation troubles? (IDE 1.6.5)

By windows it's an "unknown device";

it has just 1 USB port, and although I installed the M0 board drivers, there is just the Zero with 2 USB ports.

Is it a faulty plagiate? But it comes in an original Arduino package, the quick guide says something about "new IDE from Arduino.org".

But I want to use it with my favourite Arduino.cc 1.6.5 IDE.

How can I make it work now with it?

Ask at the Arduino.org website/forum
This is Arduino.cc.

is it not supported by Arduino.cc?
That's shocking, I prefer the Arduino.cc IDE as usual!

No, arduino.org is not the same as arduino.cc. They went rogue - they used to be the board manufacturing partner for arduino.cc, or something. There is ongoing litigation over their calling themselves arduino. More information is available online via search.

You're unlikely to find someone here who is familiar with their products.

I was under the impression that the M0 was a copy of the Zero though...

oh man, what a mess!
But even if I found the Windows drivers for the M0, how would I get the M0 board drivers then, featured by the Arduino.cc IDE board manager?

ArthurD:
oh man, what a mess!
But even if I found the Windows drivers for the M0, how would I get the M0 board drivers then, featured by the Arduino.cc IDE board manager?

There is not that much of a mess. Since you bought a board designed and made by arduino.org that requires arduino.org's IDE to program, download and use the latest IDE from their site. And if you have questions or problems with it, use their forum.

For the arduino.cc Zero and other boards from arduino.cc, use the arduino.cc IDE and this forum.

As time goes on, the arduino.org and arduino.cc companies will become more and more different, and have different products. Sparkfun and Adafruit offer some unique boards in their lineup, and they prepare and maintain Boards Manager add-ons for the arduino.cc IDE. It could be at some point in the future a Boards Manager add-on will be prepared for the arduino.org boards, but I would not look for that right away since the two separate companies are in a dispute. It would take somebody at arduino.org deciding to make sure their hardware was compatible with the arduino.cc IDE, and they would start maintaining compatibility through the arduino.cc Boards Manager just like any other 3rd party hardware manufacturer.

In the meanwhile, you can just use the separate IDEs or you can hack like some hobbyists do, to treat the M0 somewhat like a Zero. Google shows some info about that.

ok, but I would never use the Arduin.org IDE, what finally means then, I will never be able to use the M0 board with my favourite Arduino.cc IDE.
It took me lot of efforts to install all the required additional libs and configure, adjust, and tune all and everything, I would not do that twice for another IDE again.

So if the M0 will be not .cc-supported like the Zero, I will quickly return it to the trader to get a full refund.
Perhaps I'll buy some Due clones from China then instead, eventually duty-free and free shipping to the EU... :-/

dmjlambert:
It could be at some point in the future a Boards Manager add-on will be prepared for the arduino.org boards, but I would not look for that right away since the two separate companies are in a dispute. It would take somebody at arduino.org deciding to make sure their hardware was compatible with the arduino.cc IDE, and they would start maintaining compatibility through the arduino.cc Boards Manager just like any other 3rd party hardware manufacturer.

In the meanwhile, you can just use the separate IDEs or you can hack like some hobbyists do, to treat the M0 somewhat like a Zero. Google shows some info about that.

I think it's more likely that it would be done by the community. I've been thinking about doing this for a while. Now you may say creating a Boards Manager package to install .org boards support to the .cc IDE would be a negative thing for the .cc company but I'm not sure of this. Many of the people who bought .org boards did so by accident. It believe that if you get someone using the .cc IDE then they will naturally want to buy the .cc boards that will always have the best support in that IDE, the same will apply with the .org IDE. It seems like it would be pretty easy to make the Boards Manager package but I don't have any of the .org boards and have no interest in buying any so if anyone wanted to collaborate on this I have quite a bit of experience with Boards Manager. I did have a try at making a package to allow Boards Manager installation of the ArduinoISP.org in the .cc IDE but haven't figured out how a programmer can specify its own avrdude.conf.