Arduino Mega 2560 dual joystick +4 buttons for MAME project

Hello everyone,
i'm not sure this is the right place to ask for this, i'm in a personal mini project with my brother to build the classic 2-player wooden cabinet with a PC inside using the arduino to interface with the joysticks/buttons.

So we need 2 joysticks with 6 buttons each, and 4 additional buttons to do other things (insert coins, 1P-2P choice and so on)

I've already gotten quite far with the project, i use arduinos for quite sometime now and i succesfully had the whole thing set up: Used a joystick with 2 buttons and darran's firmware to make it work with the PC successfully. Also the software for exploring the roms is ready and working with this joystick.

The problem is i don't know much about usb reports, so i've been breaking my head and reading some USB reports articles but i can't make it clear in my mind, i've successfully used LUFA to compile the firmware for the mega2560, but making changes to it just doesn't help me, i can't figure out what i have to add to the report/program to make it work...

Has anyone tried to do 2 joysticks/16 buttons before?
Thank you for your time!

i don't know much about usb reports, so i've been breaking my head and reading some USB reports articles

What is "USB reports"? (Google returns nothing.)

i meant HID report descriptors :smiley:

Anyway, i’ve been looking for some really newbie tutorials on Usage Pages and Usage tables and i began understanding the way things work :slight_smile:

In case someone else wants to learn HID reports the easy way, here’s what a really cool page