Arduino Mega 2560, Eclipse AVR plugin

Arduino Mega 2560, Eclipse AVR plugin : stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Hi all,

I have 2 boards :
Arduino UNO
Arduino Mega 2560

My configuration :
Windows Vista
With Eclipse IDE for C/C++ : www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/helios/SR1/eclipse-cpp-helios-SR1-win32.zip
WinAVR-20100110 : sourceforge.net/projects/winavr/files/
AVR Eclipse Plugin : avr-eclipse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Plugin_Download

My Arduino UNO work without problem with Arduino IDE or with Eclipse.
With Eclipse plugin, I can’t upload a software (Blink for example) to my Arduino Mega 2560 !
The message is following :

Launching C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin\avrdude -pm2560 -carduino -P//./COM7 -D -Uflash:w:Blink.hex:a 

Output:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done. Thank you.

avrdude finished

But with the Arduino IDE (arduino-0021) there is no problem.
Then I created a little program in C language than print the arguments to stdout. I named this program avrdude.exe and I copy this program in “arduino-0021\hardware\tools\avr\bin” directory (replace the original avrdude.exe of Arduino IDE). I can see the difference of the upload parameters between Arduino UNO and Arduino Mega 2560 :

• For the Arduino UNO, the “-cstk500v1” is used.
  • For the Arduino Mega 2560, the “-cstk500v2” is used.

My problem is than it isn’t possible to select this parameter in AVR eclipse plugin?
Is there a workaround ?

Thanks,

Nassa.

Hi all,

I found a solution : I use avrdude.exe ans avrdude.conf of Arduino IDE in command line . For example :

C:\Users\Nassa\Arduino\arduino-0021\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avrdude.exe -CC:\Users\Nassa\Arduino\arduino-0021\hardware\tools\avr\etc\avrdude.conf -patmega2560 -cstk500v2 -P\\.\COM7 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Nassa\Developpement\Arduino\Blink\Release\Blink.hex:a

It's not clean but it's working !

Nassa.