Arduino Mega 2560 + EZ-Link Bluefruit BT module + Atlas-Scientfic env-32x device

Hi,

Atlas-scientific has a data logger which requires a baud rate of 38400. Information is to be retrieved from the env-32x device and displayed onto an Android galaxy. Unfortunately the Android can only receive and display information correctly when the Serial is set to a baud rate of 9600.

1. Is it impossible to get all information from a device set to a baud of 38400 through the Serial monitor which is set to 9600 baud?

2. If it is possible, how can this be done?

1. Is it impossible to get all information from a device set to a baud of 38400 through the Serial monitor which is set to 9600 baud?

If it coming continuously, yes, it is impossible. (4 litres per minute through a 1 litre per minute pipe)
If it is coming in bursts with a 4:1 quiet/busy ratio or better, possibly.

If it is coming in bursts with a 4:1 quiet/busy ratio or better, possibly.

I see. I’ve scoured the web and attempted many things programmatically to make this happen. Do you have any suggestions?

martialguitarist21: Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, analyse the incoming data rate. Why not simply run the serial monitor at 115200?

I did not reveal this part since I like to keep posts short and sweet (obviously there is a reason for the original question).

The serial monitor is just for debugging purposes at the moment. In the end, the bluetooth module (which can change baud rates automatically) will send data to an android device. Browsing the web, androids can only work on 9600 baud which is too slow (obviously).

In short, I was fishing for a cheap solution. Otherwise I'm going to have to purchase something that can run at a higher rate.